Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

17/365

January 17, 2015

"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

Lately my son has developed this habit of whining when he wants something, food in particular.  I am hoping this is a phase, because normally, he is very patient and calm.  One would think once he saw me preparing the food for him, he'd relax.  But his whining just gets more intense.  Like he believes I do not hear him, and I will not feed him.  Or perhaps, that I don't understand the intensity of his hunger.  At ll months, I said to him, "You should know by now that Mommy is going to feed you.  I know I might move a little slow sometimes, so you just have to be patient."

My husband immediately responded to this comment from me with, "I wonder if God says the same thing to us."  Hmm....what a revelation.  We both started laughing at that.

I cannot tell you how many times I've prayed and asked for God's help only to say to Him, "Lord, where are you?  Can you not hear my plea?"  The longer I wait, the more intense my prayers become.  As if to say, "God you don't understand, I really, really need you to do this now!"  It's as if I have to show Him just how desperate I am before He'll answer my prayers.

But His word tells us that He shall, not wants to, not can, but He shall supply all of our needs according to His riches in glory.  Merriam-Webster defines shall as will have to, must.  Another definition states that shall means expressing a strong assertion or intention.  God shall supply all my needs according to His riches in glory.  He owns it all; therefore, I can take confidence in knowing that this is a promise He has made and He shall keep.  Much like a parent shall feed their hungry child, God will feed me.  He will meet my needs.  There is no reason for me to get impatient, or aggravated.  God knows our needs, and He knows exactly when we need them.

After all my years on this earth, I should know by now that He'll take care of me.  I just have to be patient with Him sometimes.

PAG

No comments:

Post a Comment