Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 22, 2015

11/365

January 11, 2015

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."  Matthew 6:33

You ever have a busy day?  I do.  I have them all the time.  Woke up early, but not early enough.  Got lots accomplished.  9:15pm, I come downstairs from putting my son to bed, and I am faced with my morning readings, which I missed.

We slept in until 6:00am, and although we got lots accomplished throughout our day, we missed our morning reading. We did attend church, but I have been working on taking time to spend with God each morning.  I am the kind of person that goes after things.  I like setting goals, and completing tasks.  There are times when I get caught up in life that I forget to stop and spend time with the giver of life.  Therefore, I am working on getting better about that.  This is important.

God doesn't mind us being productive.  It clearly states it in Proverbs 6:6, "Go to the ant, thou sluggard, consider her ways, and be wise."  I have never seen an idle ant.  Although God wants us to be productive, and not be lazy, Jesus is clear when He tells us to not worry about certain things in life Matthew 6:31, 34.  We need only seek first His kingdom and all other things will be added to us.  I need to remember this next time I put God's word aside to accomplish other things.  He has promised to handle it if I seek Him first.  This means making Him my top priority.

PAR

No comments:

Post a Comment