Total Pageviews

Friday, January 23, 2015

15/365

January 15, 2015

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6

I am an administrative assistant in a very busy office.  As busy as I am, the director of the program I work for is doubly busy.  During the high traffic seasons, one of my tasks is to act as a gatekeeper for her.  This method ensures that she is able to handle her responsibilities.

Many people attempt to slip by ignoring my position.  Often people do not recognize the importance of my relationship to the director, or the need to acknowledge me.  However, the only way to get to her is through me.  I find this very interesting, and while thinking it over one day realized the parallel between Jesus and God.

Many people ignore Jesus, failing to recognize the importance of His position.  Often times people believe they can have God without Jesus.  But Jesus said He is the truth, the life and THE WAY!  He further went on to state that NO get to the father but through Him!  That sounds pretty important to me.

In my office, there are seasons when traffic is very low.  Thus, people are able to get passed me in order to reach my director.  However, Jesus' position in relationship to the father never changes.  He is the way.  He is the only way for us to get to God.  There is no other way.  In my position, people are sometimes able to slip by me during the busy seasons.  With God, there is never a season we are able to come to Him without going through Jesus first.

Though His position in comparison to God may seem dim to some, His role and relationship is most important.  He is the gatekeeper, the only way.  There's no slipping by Jesus because unlike me, He takes no breaks.  He is, He was, and always will be the only way to God.  And He is waiting for you to go to Him in order to get to the Father.

PAG

No comments:

Post a Comment