Total Pageviews

Friday, January 23, 2015

16/365

January 16, 2015

"There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment.  He that feareth is not made perfect in love." 1 John 4:18


2013 was a very big year for me.  I found out I was going to become a mom, and at the end of the year, I met my son.  I was so excited and nervous about everything.  For a moment, I did fine figuring things out as a new mom.  All of the sudden, one day I became overrun with fear.  I became fearful of everything related to myself and my loved ones.  I was afraid that this incredible experience would come crashing down on my head.  Life was so great, and we were so blessed that I was convinced God was going to do something drastic to balance things out.

I spoke with my husband about it, hoping that if I brought the issue to light, it would go away.  But it did not. That fear gripped me tight.  Some moments, it was so overwhelming that I thought I'd drown under the weight of it.  Other times I was so burdened by the fear, I was unable to enjoy myself and my blessings.

Tired of being fearful, I prayed and prayed asking God to take the fear way. I reminded myself that He did not give me the spirit of fear (2 Timothy 1:7).  The fear remained.

One day, after I finished praying about it, God gave me revelation in 1 John 4:18.  There is no fear in love, but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment.  He that feareth is not made perfect in love.

I thought to myself, Okay.  Perfect love casts out fear.  But I do not have a perfect love.  Immediately after finishing that thought, I realized that I do have perfect love.  Jesus.  My love is not perfect.  But His love is.  And He lives within me. Thus His perfect love is within me.  Therefore, the love of Jesus able to cast out the fear I experience.

I then said to God, Lord, I am not perfect, and neither is my love.  But the love of Jesus lives within me.  His love is perfect.  Therefore, His perfect love is able to cast out the fear.  

It is an ugly and energy sucking feeling to be gripped by fear.  Fear is torment.  Jesus is love.  His perfect love is able to save and set free the torment of fear.

PAG





No comments:

Post a Comment