Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 11, 2010

To Believe or Not to Believe...that is the Question?

Today, I spent some time on Facebook in discussion with a friend of mine.  In a nut shell, he believes that the health and wellness industry is, merely, a result of placebo.  As a Wellness Coach, I'd beg to differ!  There are too many individuals experiencing results to pigeon hole everyone into the placebo category.  Those opinions come from two old friend's, who enjoy a good banter.

However, my post isn't about the health and wellness industry.  That's a topic for another day!  Today's post is about someone's personal experience with God.  As I was thinking about my friend's comments,  I thought about how people try to disprove God.  They try to chalk Christianity up to a bunch of uneducated individuals in need of a crutch; because, their life is too difficult for them to handle.  As a believer, I beg to differ!  No one can take away my personal experience.  If you know me well, then you can't deny the hand of God in my life over the past couple of years.

People think that it's ridiculous to believe because we can't see Him!  Hebrews  11:1 states "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen."  Are there things in nature that we can't see, yet we believe?  How about gravity and oxygen?  We don't see either one of them; however, we know of their existence.  These phenomenon are based on our experiences with them not based on our senses.  It's the same thing with God!  You may not see Him in a physical sense.  But, we experience Him through the power of relationship!

You notice I said, "relationship" and not religion.  It's not about being religious.  It's about seeking to experience relationship with the Creator of all things.  Don't let religious ideologies or spiritual rituals hinder your ability to believe because you've had a bad experience with church.  We've all had bad experiences with something.  But, we still continue to indulge!  If you seek out truth, He'll reveal it to you!  As for me, I've experienced more than enough in my lifetime to know His truth!  I can never return to a state of unbelief.  He has brought joy to my life in a time where joy is not the proper response.  He has brought peace in a time where unrest is status quo.

I'm thankful for a relationship with my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ!  My prayer is that any unbeliever reading this post will get to know Him today.  All you have to do is "confess with your mouth and believe in your heart..." (Romans 10:9)  He'll do the rest!

MAG

1 comment:

  1. I was reading about this in my "In Touch" devotional yesterday. Well said, love.

    PAR

    ReplyDelete