Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 5, 2010

My Decision

I have decided that in order to have some kind of order in this blog, that I'd do a 30 day challenge.  I can't really take credit for the idea.  It hit me earlier, while Marcus and I were listening to praise music and prepping for our devotional. 

We were listening to Pandora, and the Prayer of Jabez song came on by Donald Lawrence.  I was just singing along to the song when all the sudden the idea popped in my head, "You should do a 30 day Prayer of Jabez Challenge." 

You know how in the movies people are just sitting around doing nothing out of the ordinary, when all of the sudden an idea hits them. They sit up straight and get this light in their eyes?!  That's exactly what happened. 

So starting tomorrow morning I will begin each day with the following prayer, "Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me!" (1 Chronicles 4:10)

What's my purpose in doing this?  It's really about seeing how God will show up and work in my life and work through my life.  Something that we've been learning in church the last 6 weeks is how to be more intentional in our lives for Christ.  I've been praying and asking God to reveal to me how I can be more intentional in my life for His purpose.

Each day, I will record the progress of my journey.  My hope is that someone that is hungry for Jesus will see the posts and see how unbelievably awesome He is.  I am hoping that someone will see God's work through me and want the kind of relationship with Him that He offers free of charge. 

I think it's important to express that God's blessings are not always what we expect.  But God's blessings for us are always, always, always better than we could ever imagine for ourselves.  "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." (1 Corinthians 2:9)

I, obviously, believe this was God driven.  But by some chance if it was something that I decided on my own, I know that nothing will probably happen.  My prayer is that this project is God breathed and He will show up and work in an incredible way during this time.  AND someone will see this who really needs a relationship with God.

So with that being said, Lord, Here am I.  Thy will be done...

AMEN

PAR

No comments:

Post a Comment