Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Day 12

We've had 2 sales for Operation Shake the Hunger.  Praise God for those two sales!!  Currently those "attending" the event are 9.  Praise God for that, also!!!

All week I've used my Facebook status update to remind people of OSTH.  This entire project is taking a great deal of faith.  Maybe more than I've ever had to muster up...

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little bit disappointed that we don't have more sales or more people agreeing to "attend" (which is really just agreeing to participate).  All I can do is continue praying and asking for God's blessing. 
Earlier I was reminded of verses from the book of Esther:

"Then Mordecai commanded to answer Esther, Think not with thyself that thou shalt escape in the king's house, more than all the Jews.  For if thou altogether holdest thy peace at this time, then shall there enlargement and deliverance arise to the Jews from another place;  but thou and thy father's house shall be destroyed: and who knoweth whether thou are come to the kingdom for such a time as this?"  Esther 4:13-14

Esther's uncle, Mordecai, is asking her to help her people by telling her husband, King Ahasuerus, of a plot to destroy the Jews.  This is Mordecai's response to her giving the excuse that she might be put to death by the king if she enters into his presence without permission.

He told her that she shouldn't think that just because she's in the king's house, she'll be able to escape the same fate as her people.  Perhaps King Ahasuerus choosing her to be his wife was God's doing.  God put her there so she could save her people.  Mordecai tells her that if she chooses not to help, God would find another way to rescue His people; but for her disobedience, she and her loved ones would be destroyed. 

Of course Esther complied.  It took a great deal of FAITH for her to walk into the king's presence unannounced.  Although she agreed to go ahead and approach him, there must have still been a small part of her that believed she could possibly be put to death.  She must have, because her final response to  Mordecai ended with, "...and if I perish, I perish."  Esther 4:16  That's faith, and courage...

I know there's a reason those verses came to mind while praying.  As I said earlier, everyday this past week, I put reminders on my Facebook status asking people to help us with Operation Shake the Hunger.  I'm not saying that people are being disobedient, so please don't misunderstand my words.  I think God was trying to tell me that although it may not look like enough people are willing to help us get this project off the ground, anything He sets in motion will happen.  I just have to have the faith in Him to believe that it's possible.  I also need to have the courage to obey whatever task He sets before me.

If this is truly God's will, He'll make it happen and it will truly be a miracle.  While I was talking with my Mother in law over the phone the other day, she mentioned my wording of "prayer of Jabez challenge."  She said that it is a challenge; but whatever challenges we do for God, He will bless us abundantly.  They won't be the kinds of blessings that are easily confused with the work of men.  These blessings are such that no one (not even the doubters) can deny that God had anything to do with them.  Sure, the doubters might say something about "a higher power" or "the universe" or whatever.  But really, that's nothing but God.  The universe isn't powerful enough to do that. 

"I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name." Revelation 3:8

I believe God did open this door for us.  I believe that God is enlarging our territories and blessing us indeed with this project.  I'm thankful that God is able to open doors for me that no person can shut. 

My prayer is that God would be glorified in this project and that people will see how truly amazing the hand of God is.  I also pray that if Marcus and I misunderstood Him about this whole thing, it would be revealed, in Jesus' name.  Selah.

PAR

No comments:

Post a Comment