Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 9

I forgot about the attacks...  I was so focused on what God was going to do, that spiritual attacks just slipped my mind.

After Marcus and I created the Operation Shake the Hunger event, I got my first attack.  Well that's not entirely true.  I've noticed that every time I open up the blog to start talking about my 30 day Jabez challenge, the computer starts acting weird....but that's another story. 

After the Operation Shake the Hunger Event was created, the first attack came in the form of an email.  Then late yesterday, another came through a financial attack. 

I won't focus too much on specific details of the attacks, because I really just don't want to right now...But spiritual attacks are not to be taken lightly.  As a follower of Christ, it's important to know when we are being attacked and when something is just a simple occurrence (we don't want to give the enemy too much credit). 1 Peter 5:8 reminds us of this, "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour." 

Whether people choose to believe it or not, we're in the midst of a battle.  Those of us who know the truth, know the instructions we've have been given.  Thus we cannot ignore them or forget.

Although we're given instruction to be on guard, we're also given instruction to put on the whole armor of God so that we can stand strong against our enemy.

"Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.  Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand strong against the wiles of the devil.  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places."  Ephesians 6:10-12

As long as we remember to put on God's armor and stand strong in Him, we have no reason to fear our formidable foe. 

After the attacks first occurred, I was upset.  But God reminded me of these things.  The enemy never bothered me when I was knee deep in sin.  He only started once I got right with God and started doing His will.  So I must be doing something right.

He reminded me that I have no reason to fear and focus on the attacks.  I need only remember that they can and will occur.  Therefore I have to be prepared with God's armor.

Finally, contrary to what most people believe, our enemies aren't other human beings:

We wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Ephesians 6:12

God reminded me who my real enemy is.  So I choose not anger.  I choose love.  1 Peter 4:8 tells us, "And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins."

As I love, I'll keep my eyes focused on God, and keep my eyes open for His miracles and blessings.  Although I might continue to be attacked during this time, I will continue to praise Him because He is GOOD!!

PAR

No comments:

Post a Comment