Total Pageviews

Monday, December 27, 2010

Day 22

Day 22 of my Prayer of Jabez challenge.  I cannot believe I've been consistent for 22 days with this.  I cannot believe it's almost over.  I always wanted to do a 30 day Prayer of Jabez challenge, but never felt ready to commit to it. 

I keep having these dreams.  I'm not exactly sure what they mean.  I wake up feeling like my head is in a cloud of smoke and I'm missing something.  Some very important message that I need to know.  But because of the smoke, I'm not seeing it.

Last night, my Mother in law gave me some scriptures she's been wanting to share with me for encouragement.  One was Jeremiah 29:11-14.  I told her it was funny she'd share that one with me, because I got a journal for Christmas with Jeremiah 29:11 on the front of it, and I'd just finished writing a blog referencing Jeremiah 29:11.

Clearly God is trying to tell me something.  I'm not sure what it is.  But I have a feeling Jeremiah 29:11 is part of it.

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I've been considering doing a fast in order to better hear God's direction for me.  I'm very sure that He's trying to tell me something right now.  I know it's very important because it's coming from God.  This year I've had a hard time both hearing from God and fasting.  I'm beginning to wonder if those issues are related...perhaps not.  But even when I do hear direction from God, I have a hard time understanding what it means.  So I've been thinking maybe I should fast for more clarity. 

Matthew 6:16-18 states, When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show men they are fasting. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, so that it will not be obvious to men that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." 

I know that as a Christian I am expected to fast.  Jesus didn't tell us "If you decide to fast"  or "If you want to fast".  He said, "When you fast".  That in itself tells me He expects us to fast.  I've been praying about that for the last couple of weeks.  I think though, in order for me to break free of that cloud that seems to be keeping me from understanding the message, I may need to fast.   

It might be an adventure worth documenting...or not.

PAR

No comments:

Post a Comment