Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Day 21

My computer has a virus, so I haven't been able to write.  My last couple of blogs were written at the library, and I didn't have as much time to put much energy into them...oh well.  Christmas was great.  God is good, and I have 9 days left in my Prayer of Jabez challenge.  It has been a great ride.  I'm so thankful to God for all He does.  The Operation Shake the Hunger turned out awesome!  We ended up having more than enough with what we got.

My Mother in law said yesterday that God won't let His people be embarrassed when we're obedient to Him.  My biggest thing was needing to trust  Him.  He knows what He's doing.  He's been around a lot longer than me.  It's funny how in my walk with Christ I can be like a rebellious teenager sometimes, always thinking I know more than my parent.  God is my Heavenly Father, I sometimes think I know more than He does, but I don't.

Our house mates got us journals for Christmas.  When we opened them up, Marcus and I knew instantly which was his and which was mine.  His Dad had been telling Him to meditate on Psalm 23:1 "The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want."  And one of the journals had that verse on it.  Mine was from Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."  That's from King James.  The NIV translation states, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."


I think sometimes, much like a rebellious teenager, I forget that God is not my enemy.  He is for me.  He's able to see the big picture and everything that He allows to happen is for my good and for His purpose.  It may seem like it's a crappy situation, and He's given me a bad hand.  But much like the verse states, He knows the plans He has for me.  His plans are to prosper me, not hurt me.  His plans are to give me hope and a future.  God is good all the time.  He's got me in the palm of His hand, so I need not worry about anything.  I need only trust Him and know that everything will be fine.

I have to remember to see things not for what they are, but ask Him for His eyes to see it.  And always remember that as a child of God, I walk by faith, not by sight (2 Corinthians 5:7).

PAR

No comments:

Post a Comment