Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Day 10

Well I just want to take a moment to give glory and honor and praise to my Almighty Father. King of Kings, Lord of Lords.  Abba Father!  God is so amazing! 

Day 10 was definitely full of blessings.  God is really working in our lives and expanding our territories.  We went to sing Christmas carols tonight.  I was really nervous at first.  I don't know what I expected.  I guess a bunch of closed doors and people turning lights off when they heard us singing.  Instead, we were met with tons of smiling faces, "Thank you!"s and "You guys just made my season (my night)." 

Praise the Lord!  What a blessing to be able to bring a smile to someones' face by singing Christmas music.  I never expected Christmas Caroling to be a way of ministering to people, but it totally is.  If you're not singing secular songs like Jingle Bells (not that I'm saying there's anything wrong with that song), you can really touch someone with God's love.  Songs such as, Go Tell it on the Mountain, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, O Come O Come Emmanuel are truly blessings. 

Even though our voices didn't compare to the Mississippi Mass Choir (that would have totally rocked!!), we were really just singing and worshiping Jesus, and I think it came through the music.  It was also truly an honor to be able to pray with people on their doorsteps. 

Finally, when Marcus and I got home from caroling, we discovered someone had made the first purchase for Operation Shake the Hunger!!!!!!  I don't know about Marcus, but I was so excited I wanted to just jump up and down shouting praises to God.  "Thank you, Jesus!"  How exciting is that?!  I'm so excited about seeing God work in this project.  We have no idea who it is that did it, but God bless that person abundantly. 

Talk about expanding our territories.  I'd never ever gone out caroling before.  I don't even think I ever would have done it.  But I'm so glad that God presented the opportunity.  I'm so thankful for being able to go out into the community tonight and be a blessing to the different individuals. 

What can I say about Operation Shake the Hunger?  God is definitely expanding our territories with this.  Neither one of us has ever started anything this big.  To know that we're doing something this big for God gives my heart such an overwhelming feeling of joy.  I can't do anything but thank Him for giving us the courage to move forward with it.  I'm so thankful for the first purchase and I'm so thankful for future purchases for Operation Shake the Hunger.

God is so good.  I'm just in awe and amazed by His faithfulness.  And I'm so thankful that God's faithfulness has nothing to do with how faithful we are to Him.  I look forward to God's hand continuing to work in and through our lives and to His continued blessings indeed.

"It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, and to sing praises unto thy name, O Most High:  To show forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night...For thou, Lord hast made me glad through thy work: I will triumph in the works of thy hands."  Psalm 92:1-2, 4

PAR

No comments:

Post a Comment