Total Pageviews

Monday, February 16, 2015

38/365

February 7, 2015
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8

Today I was a bit agitated with my husband for several reasons. I could go on and on about the reasons why.  I could even find more reasons for being upset with him by listing these reasons.  The both of us are quiet people.  We don't ever yell at each other.  We just have disagreements here and there.  But today, I was so upset with him, that I was ready to pull out my boxing gloves and go to toe to toe.

Although I was extremely upset, I had no intention of going to bed angry.  But I did have every intention of giving him a piece of my mind about several things.  But each time I thought to say them to him, I wondered how it would sound coming out of my mouth.

Would I sound like a nag?  Proverbs 21:19 says It is better to live in the wilderness than with a contentious and angry woman.  YIKES!!  Also, I asked myself would this be edifying to God?  Would Christ see this conversation in my head as pleasing?  Would it be like the churches love for Jesus?  Ephesians 5: 22-24  .  Is this my way of respecting and submitting to my husband as I would to Christ?  Finally, I asked myself, If today was the last day we spent together, would any of this that I'm upset about matter?  My answer began with a "No, but..."  I continued asking myself to really think about that.

The selfish answer is, "No, but..."  What would God say?  A Proverbs 31 woman has her husband's heart.  It trusts her.  There are times when I get so upset that I just want to yell and scream and put down to inflict all the hurt and pain and discomfort and guilt I feel.  But that is not a Proverbs 31 woman.  She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.  Proverbs 31:12.  That is my flesh rising up and allowing the enemy to use me for his glory.  The enemy is referred to as the thief in John 10:10.  And he came to steal, kill and destroy.

Jesus came that we may have life and to the full.  By allowing the enemy to use me, I almost allowed him to steal my joy.  I woke up praising God for my husband.  And if I'd allowed myself to give in to my flesh, I would have yelled and said ugly things and by continuing to do so, I allow the enemy to kill my marriage.  Further, by continuing to give in to this fleshly desire, I allow him to destroy my family.  No thank you.


We must love one and other, as He calls us to.  Wives are to love their husbands.  Husbands are to love their wives.  Period.  Love doesn't always FEEL good.  But we are to do it anyway.   Like Jesus dying on the cross for our sins, we are to die to self regardless of how we feel.  His love for us is what made Him get on the cross in His innocence, and it is what covers over our multitude of sins.

If sin leads us to death, love leads us to life.  The life that Jesus came to give us.  I make mistakes.  I don't always do what I should.  I sometimes say the wrong thing.  But I am reminded that through God's grace, for what I have done, I have been forgiven.  With that same grace and love, I am to be an example with my husband of the Churches love for Christ.

PAG

No comments:

Post a Comment