Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 30

Day 30 of the Prayer of Jabez challenge is finally  here.  It's also a new year!  Happy New Year!  Marcus and I decided that we would like to reread the Prayer of Jabez book.  Our copy is in storage, so I'm just going to check it out from the library.

We are also going to do a fast starting next week.  I am really nervous about that, but I continue to pray for strength for it. 

I'm always excited about the end of something.  The feeling of getting through it is always a wonderful feeling.  I'm thankful for the peace that God has given me.  It has come from knowing what I have control over and what I do not have control over and accepting it. 

It has also come from knowing that God is not my enemy.  Therefore, if I have to wait on something it isn't because He's trying to punish me or because He's being mean.  There's a reason for it.

Isaiah 40:31 states, "But those who trust in the LORD will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint."

So when we wait on God, it may seem like we're being lazy.  It may seem like we're being stupid.  It may seem like we're just afraid to take action, but we're none of the above.  We are putting our trust in Him, and waiting for His very best. 

In the final week of 2010, I came to realize that although I have trusted God, I have trusted Him to do as I expect Him to do.  I have trusted Him to do what I think needs to be done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment